Countess of Brecknock Hospice Trust -Covid-19 Update
Updated as of 15 April 2021:
Although Covid-19 restrictions are being relaxed, the Hospice is an acute medical facility and will remain closed to the public for the time being.
Please do not ask to be admitted to the Hospice as we need to protect our patients and staff. Please put letters or donations in the Red Post Box in the porch. It is emptied regularly.
Our Inpatient Unit is operating as normal but Visitor Restrictions remain in force.
Visits are restricted to close family only. Number of visitors and duration of visits are also restricted. Please speak to senior staff or call 01264 835288 to find out how this affects your family.
All visitors to the Hospice must wear the required PPE, which will be provided. Please do not come to the hospice if you have symptoms, are self-isolating or been in contact with someone with symptoms.
- Our Day Care Services are currently suspended. Patients and families continue to be supported by telephone and video.
- Contractors/Deliveries. Please report to the main reception on arrival. Contractors will be required to wear clinical grade masks to enter the building, use the hand sanitiser provided and to wash hands regularly. In some areas, additional PPE may be required.
- The Charity Office is back working from Hospice. However, supporters and the public are still not permitted to visit for the time being. Your support is very important to us and means that we can continue to provide care to those who need it most. If you bring donations to the hospice, you will be asked to use the red post box which is located in the front porch of the hospice entrance. It is emptied on a regular basis and providing contact information is given, an acknowledgement will be sent. Please bear in mind that we would rather have donations by cheque rather than cash at the current time.
- Please support us by donating online or by using online platforms such as Facebook and JustGiving. If you would like to make a donation by bank transfer, please ring 01264 359789 or email for details.
- Volunteers: In line with the government advice, all volunteering within the hospice has been suspended.
- Fundraisers: We ask anyone fundraising or planning to fundraise for us to weigh up the benefits and risks of their fundraising activity and exercise judgement before going ahead. We urge you not to put yourself, those helping and those taking part at risk, and to observe government advice at all times.
- 5p Coins for the Countess pots – please hold on to your pots and do not bring them to the hospice for the time being. Please put additional 5p in a plastic bag or other container for us.
Thank you for your support and patience, and for helping to protect our patients and staff.
Director of the Hospice Charitable Trust