Countess of Brecknock Hospice Trust -Covid-19 Update
Updated as of 23 July 2021:
Although restrictions have been lifted, the hospice is still maintaining guidelines to protect our patients and staff.
You will be required to wear a clinical grade mask, socially distance where possible and regularly wash or sanitise hands.
Our Inpatient Unit is operating as normal. However Visitor Restrictions remain in force.
Restrictions are lifting but we still need to restrict visitors to protect patients and staff. Please speak to senior staff or call 01264 835288 to find out how this affects your family.
- Contractors/Deliveries. Please report to the main reception on arrival. Contractors will be required to wear clinical grade masks to enter the building, use the hand sanitiser provided and to wash hands regularly. In some areas, additional PPE may be required.
- The Charity Office at the Hospice is now open. Callers are welcome from 9am – 3.30pm. However, to protect our patients and staff, please put cards, letters or donations for the Hospice or Charity in the Red Post Box in our entrance hall if you can. It is emptied regularly. Please support us by donating online or by using online platforms such as Facebook and JustGiving. If you would like to make a donation by bank transfer, please ring 01264 359789 or email for details.
- Volunteers: volunteering within the hospice continues to be suspended. Opportunities will begin to open up in the Autumn.
- Fundraisers: We ask anyone fundraising or planning to fundraise for us to weigh up the benefits and risks of their fundraising activity and exercise judgement before going ahead. We urge you not to put yourself, those helping and those taking part at risk, and to observe government advice at all times.
- 5p Coins for the Countess pots – These are now being collected regularly from supplier outlets and can be dropped off at the Hospice from 9.30am – 3.30pm weekdays..
Thank you for your continued support and patience, and for helping to protect our patients and staff.
Director of the Hospice Charitable Trust