Countess of Brecknock Hospice Trust -Covid-19 Statement
Updated as of 2nd November 2020:
Please do not come to the hospice if you have any symptoms, are self-isolating or have been contact with someone with symptoms.
The Hospice is closed to the general public
If you would like to support the hospice by purchasing Christmas Cards. Please order online, by telephone or return the printed order form.
Although our Inpatient Unit is operating as normal, Visitor Restrictions are now in force. Only close family are allowed to visit for a limited time period. Please speak to senior staff or call 01264 835288 to find out how this affects your family. All visitors to the Hospice must wear a clinical grade face mask, which will be provided.
- Our Day Care Services are currently suspended. Patients and families continue to be supported by telephone and video.
- Visitors/Contractors/Deliveries. Please report to the main reception on arrival. All visitors will be requested to wear clinical grade masks to enter the building, use the hand sanitiser provided and to wash hands regularly.
- The Charity Office is working from the hospice adhering to government advice and social distancing measures. Please support us by donating online or by using online platforms such as Facebook and JustGiving. If you bring donations to the hospice, please put an envelope with your donation, contact details and relevant information in the red post box which is located in the front porch of the hospice. It is emptied on a regular basis and providing the information is given, an acknowledgement will be sent. Please bear in mind that we would rather have donations by cheque rather than cash during this lockdown period. Please call 01264 359789 or email, if you have any queries or information about donating or raising money for the hospice. We are looking to run virtual events to replace our cancelled or postponed events. Please keep up to date with our email news or on the website.
- Volunteers: In line with the government advice, all volunteering within the hospice has been suspended.
- Fundraisers: We ask anyone fundraising or planning to fundraise for us to weigh up the benefits and risks of their fundraising activity and exercise judgement before going ahead. We urge you not to put yourself, those helping and those taking part at risk, and to observe government advice at all times.
- 5p Coins for the Countess pots – please hold on to your pots and do not bring them to the hospice for the time being. Please put additional 5p in a plastic bag or other container for us.
Thank you for your support and patience over this difficult time and for helping to protect our patients and staff.
Director of the Hospice Charitable Trust