Countess of Brecknock Hospice Trust -Covid-19 Statement
Updated as of 15 June 2020:
All visitors to the hospice are now required to wear a mask.
- Our Inpatient Unit is open as normal. Only close family are allowed to visit and stricter rules around this apply. Please speak to senior staff or call 01264 835288 for details.
- Our Day Care Services are currently suspended. Patients and families continue to be supported by telephone and video.
- Visitors/Contractors/Deliveries. Please report to the main reception on arrival. All visitors will be requested to wear masks, use the hand sanitiser provided and to wash hands regularly. If you have any symptoms or are self-isolating, please do not come to the hospice.
- The Charity Office is now working as normal from the hospice adhering to government advice and social distancing measures. To protect our patients and clinical staff, we do not encourage you to come to the hospice. Please support us by donating online or by using online platforms such as Facebook and JustGiving. If you bring donations to the hospice, please put an envelope with your donation, contact details and relevant information in the red post box which is located in the front porch of the hospice. It is emptied on a regular basis and providing the information is given, an acknowledgement will be sent. Please bear in mind that we would rather have donations by cheque rather than cash during this lockdown period. Please call 01264 359789 or email, if you have any queries or information about donating or raising money for the hospice. We are looking to run virtual events to replace our cancelled or postponed events. Please keep up to date with our email news or on the website.
- Volunteers: In line with the government advice, we will not be asking any volunteers to help within the hospice. If there are any changes to the guidelines we will contact you, however if you are over 70 or considered to be high risk because of medical conditions you may still be advised not to volunteer until a later date.
- Fundraisers: We ask anyone fundraising or planning to fundraise for us over the next few months to weigh up the benefits and risks of their fundraising activity and exercise judgement before going ahead. We urge you not to put yourself, those helping and those taking part at risk, and to observe government advice at all times.
- 5p Coins for the Countess pots – please hold on to your pots and do not bring them to the hospice for the time being. Please put additional 5p in a plastic bag or other container for us.
Thank you for your support and patience over this difficult time and for helping to protect our patients and staff.
Director of the Hospice Charitable Trust