- Jul 10 - 11 2021
- All Day
Isle of Wight – Ultra Challenge
Great challenges need great settings – and none are better than the Island’s coastal path. 2,000 adventurers will take on the Isle of Wight in July 2021 – and go all out to push themselves further.
It’s along the spectacular southern cliffs, past the iconic Needles and up to historic Cowes at the half way stop. For Full Island challengers it’s on to historic Ventnor, and back to our welcome Base Camp in Chale after an epic 106km journey. You’ll get full support & hospitality all the way, and with half & quarter Island options also – there’s an Isle of Wight Challenge for everyone!
- FOR ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE
- JOIN AS INDIVIDUAL OR TEAM
- 106KM FULL ISLAND CHALLENGE
- 2 DAY 106KM ‘DAYLIGHT’ OPTION
- HALF & QUARTER ISLAND OPTION
- 8 COVERED REST STOPS
- FREE FOOD & DRINK
- WALK AT YOUR PACE – 24 HRS+
- RUN OR JOG – SET A NEW GOAL
- CAMPING PACKAGES
- FULLY SIGNED ROUTE
- MEDICS, MARSHALS, MASSAGE
- FOR CHARITY OR SELF FUND
- MEDAL, T SHIRT, GLASS OF FIZZ
- 4 UTMB POINTS AVAILABLE
- SHUTTLE BUSSES & TRANSFERS
- OPTIONAL TRAINING WALKS
- CHALLENGE MOBILE APP
SIGN UP & FUNDRAISING OPTIONS:
- Charity Sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place!
- Mixed Funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
- Self Fund – you pay the full cost of the event place – fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
** Please be aware of the below changes to the event**
- NEW MAIN START & FINISH – we now have a major ‘base-camp’ set up near Cowes at the Isle of Wight County Showground (instead of Chale, in the South of the Island) – which is much closer to the key ferry terminals – so much easier to get to / from – and we’ll be putting on regular shuttles to – which will enable participants to arrive on the Island Saturday morning, and to leave Sunday afternoon / evening if they want to.
- ACCOMMODATION – Cowes has many more accommodation options compared to the Chale area, and of course with the new start venue / easier access, accommodation in the Southampton area is also a viable option – and may well be better value than found on the Island in mid-Summer. We’ll also have extensive CAMPING available at the new Cowes base-camp – with packages for the Friday through to the Sunday – and camping in July can be quite pleasant!
- ‘FLIPPED’ ROUTE – Our route (still 106 km for the ‘Full’) now heads anticlockwise around the Island from the main Cowes start – which gives a different perspective, and of course ‘changes’ the ‘Quarter Options’ as previously listed.
- MORE TIME – our main campsite at the Isle of Wight Showground will be open on the Friday afternoon from 2 pm, and we’ve extended the options with a Sunday evening camp also.
- A NEW & EXTRA 50 KM ROUTE – a new option that takes in all of the stunning Southern Coastline on the Saturday – it’s called ‘The Southern 50’ – and will be fantastic!
- CHANGED QUARTER CHALLENGES – Our new route is ‘flipped – so the quarters are numbered differently – and we are only offering the 1st & 2nd. Fundraisers booked onto one of the existing ‘quarters’ will have to amend their booking.
- MORE TRANSPORT OPTIONS – We’ve built up a host of new optional extras and transport services for those who need it, to make joining and leaving their chosen challenge easier than ever.