10@10 Virtual Walk
Covid-19 has wiped out our events and fundraising for the foreseeable future. This means we can’t have our 10@10 Late Night Walk this year.
It would have been our 10th Anniversary Walk and we know you will be disappointed but we need to keep everyone safe.
So, instead, we’re inviting you to be part of our 10@10 Virtual Walk 2020 and support your local hospice.
Closing Date for entries: Friday 28 August. You can still enter after this date but we cannot provide a T-Shirt for you.
This year’s walk was planned to take place in June as usual but we postponed it until 19th September because of Covid-19. With the fast-changing virus situation and our need to keep you and everyone involved safe, we do not feel we can go ahead with a ‘physical’ event as planned so this year’s walk will be now ‘virtual’.
We’re inviting you to take part in the 10@10 Virtual Walk 2020.
- You can walk 10 miles, 10 km or a distance of your own choosing. We can provide you with the 10@10 route or you can do your own route.
- Rather than starting at 10pm and walking on your own in the night, we want you to start at 10am in the morning.
- Instead of having one date, you can complete your walk on Friday 18th September at 10am, Saturday 19th September at 10am, Sunday 20th September at 10am or Monday 21st September at 10am. You can spread your distance over one day or four days. You could do it with family bubbles, colleagues or friends – socially distanced of course!
- We will have a Zoom get-together at 9.40am each day for you to join in and see who else is taking part. Kelly Warren is providing us with a video to warm-up those muscles before you start.
- Stitch-a-Logo are donating wonderful Yellow T Shirts and there’s a specially adapted ‘daytime’ logo just for this year’s event.
Not only does the walk give you the chance to support the hospice, it also gives you time to remember those who mean the most to you. You can walk in memory of a loved one, friend or colleague to ensure care is there for others when it is needed most. Whilst you won’t be wearing your neon, fluorescent and flashing accessories this year, we’re encouraging you to wear fancy dress and there will be a prize for the best outfit posted on our Facebook page by 4.00pm on Monday 21st September.
Entry fees are just £10 per person this year. We will post to you or you can collect an exclusive yellow 10@10 Virtual Walk T-Shirt to wear for your challenge. In addition, everyone who raises £25 or more in sponsorship or makes a personal donation of £25 or more in addition to the entry fee, will also receive a medal by post after the event or on receipt of your sponsorship.
Download CoBH_10@10Walk_2020_Information_Leaflet CoBH_10@10Walk_2020_EntryForm CoBH_10@10Walk_2020_RouteMap
We ask each walker to raise as much sponsorship as possible. Your entry fee ensures that all the sponsorship money you raise can go directly to caring for our patients and their families, friends and carers. If, for any reason, you are unable to collect sponsorship, please make a minimum donation of £25 in addition to your entry fee to help provide care to those with life-limiting illness.
The easiest way is to collect sponsorship online by creating your own Just Giving page selecting CoBH and 10@10. You can email links to your friends, family and colleagues anywhere in the world and they can donate online by debit or credit card. We automatically receives any donations made via your page and donors can gift aid their donation.
generously supported by and