Updated 17 December 2021:
Countess of Brecknock Hospice Trust -Covid-19 Update
The hospice is following guidelines to protect our patients and staff.
You will be required to wear a clinical grade mask, socially distance where possible and regularly wash or sanitise hands.
Our Inpatient Unit is operating as normal. However Visitor Restrictions are in force.
We need to restrict visitors to protect patients and staff. Please speak to senior staff or call 01264 835288 to find out how this affects your family. If you are visiting, please do not come to the Hospice if you have any symptoms or are self-isolating. You are recommended to take a lateral flow test before you visit.
- Contractors/Deliveries. Please report to the main reception on arrival. Contractors will be required to wear clinical grade masks to enter the building, use the hand sanitiser provided and to wash hands regularly. In some areas, additional PPE may be required.
- Charity Office: Visitors to the Charity Office are now by appointment only. To protect our patients and staff, please put cards, letters or donations for the Hospice or Charity in the Red Post Box in our entrance hall if you can. It is emptied regularly. Please support us by donating online or by using online platforms such as Facebook and JustGiving. If you would like to make a donation by bank transfer, please ring 01264 359789 or email for details.
- Volunteers: Your supervisor will update you on any changes to your role or new procedures.
- Fundraisers: We ask anyone fundraising or planning to fundraise for us to weigh up the benefits and risks of their fundraising activity and exercise judgement before going ahead. We urge you not to put yourself, those helping and those taking part at risk, and to observe government advice at all times.
- 5p Coins for the Countess pots – These are now being collected regularly from supplier outlets. Please do not bring them to the Hospice until the New Year.
Thank you for your continued support and patience, and for helping to protect our patients and staff.
Director of the Hospice Charitable Trust